In Remembrance; Dedication of Memorial Field
[NY], [John Burroughs Memorial Association], 1922, 1923. Two tall, stringbound chapbooks published by the John Burroughs Memorial Association, with an 8-page pamphlet about Burroughs and the Association, including a centerfold map, "The Land of John Burroughs." All transmitted with a 1926 typed letter signed by the secretary of the Association, the masthead of which notes that "Woodchuck Lodge and Memorial Field are owned and maintained by Mr. Henry Ford." Laid in is a 4-page advertisement for the "Wake Robin Edition" of Burroughs' collected works, which features a picture of Ford and Edison with their friend Burroughs, as well as nearly two dozen questions about nature that Burroughs' books would answer. The chapbooks, the pamphlet, and the letter are near fine; the advertisement is folded and fragile. The chapbooks include words by Burroughs and others, including Emerson, Wordsworth and Whitman, as well as two tipped-in images: one of Burroughs in "The Nest" at Riverby, and one of C.S. Pietro's sculpture of Burroughs, entitled "The Seer." [#033879] SOLD
All books are first printings of first editions or first American editions unless otherwise noted.